Question: Was this something yo had in your back pocket all along, or did you sort of just spontaneously start writing this out of self defense against the times? Have you told the Editor Lords that you are writing this and not whatever else (I can’t remember”) you were beholden to? For something you are making up on the fly, this is (as usual) so well done. You folks do make it hard to read a lot of other writers… Thanks for such fulfilling work.
We were scheduled to start IRON COVENANT #2, but it was a very dark book by necessity. A major character dies, and it’s a heavy story. I don’t know about you, but I’m not dealing with the pandemic that well, and we have it better than most people, since we have land, live close enough to have groceries delivered, and can work from our home. Thinking about writing it was just too depressing. We wrote the first chapter of RYDER as a present to KD fans, because we were getting a lot of emails about how tough things were and how nice it would be to revisit KD.
The plan was to stop at that one chapter and then we got an email from a nurse who works in ICU in New York. So we did another chapter. Long story short, RYDER is now on schedule with the prospective release date in the first quarter of 2021 because too much work has gone into it to just walk away.
We are actively searching for cover artists and interior illustrators, we are lining up the editing schedule, and we are working on this full time at the moment. This work will likely be self-published, so no Editor Lords need to be consulted.
1) the blog does not give you all the comments. You need to page thru them. I liked the old way to have all the post continuously on one page so it was easy to read the posts in order. If you can’t go back to the old way can you add a button that gets you to the start of the comments?
2) Hugh does blood magic did Julie have similar power?
3) Roland severed the link in Hugh; why didn’t Kate do that for Julie?
4) Did Julie start this problem because she listened to the witches and tried to take out the bad guy first?
1) Comments are broken up because they slow the page down a bit. I turned it off, so let’s see if that will hinder the site enough to be an issue.
2) Read to find out.
3) Read to find out.
4) If Kate meets Molokh, she dies. She doesn’t win this fight. She dies just as she died when she faced her father, only this time there is no get out of jail free card. I don’t understand why some of you want to twist the narrative so you can still somehow blame Julie for it.
I wanted the new innkeeper. I was excited because you posted new chapters but I don’t like this and I won’t be reading it.
Okay. Moving on.
I just wanted to say thank you for helping me survive the quarantine. I’m a natural extrovert and a teacher, and distance learning does not cut it for me. I re-read all (and I do mean, all) your books and it has helped me not kill the husband or 2 of the 3 adult daughters currently sharing my home (my 3 are 22,20, and 18). I appreciate how the creative mojo may be difficult during this time, remember to take care of yourself and refill the well. I am absolutely LOVING the Ryder posts. After I finished TRIUMPH I had a bit of a book hangover and felt sad that it was over. This series has helped ease the pain.
Thank you so much for writing. We’re so glad that our work helped you a little bit. Your email helped me. 🙂
IS DEREK IN THIS BOOK?
Read to find out. 🙂
I want to express my gratitute for your blog articles. Can I sen you money by Paypal?
Please don’t send money. But you can help in other ways. RYDER needs a title. Make your suggestions in the comments to this post. Please narrow it down to your three best ones. We probably can’t do the MAGIC VERB titles, because that would be too confusing, but bonus points if it has some sort of connection to Kate Daniels titles.