Since I have bribed y’all with free fiction last week, you will now have to suffer through my whining.
- Prerelease publicity started 2 weeks before the release, so June 1st. Two packed weeks of look at this ad, look at that ad, do this, make sure everything is set up here, what is going on with the audio, why are the books available here but not there, etc.
- Then we had release publicity with zooms. It is always lovely to spend time with the BDH but we are introverts.
- And the store orders came in simultaneously. Enough for the store company to assign us our own special sales rep. He keeps trying to get us to keep the store open. We have gotten through all of the requests with exception of a couple of broken mugs, on which I will catch up today.
- Throughout all of this we were helping Kid 1 close on her house, because our market is insane and she needed a cosigner. (We closed in less than a month. If you need a good mortgage lender in Austin area, AJ Miller Group. AJ is amazing, and his team will take care of you.)
- And then Kid 1 packed. At some point, there was no house. There was a labyrinth of boxes.
- And then Kid 1 moved last weekend. She realized she had underestimated the amount of stuff, so we rented a van, and we had made several trips before the truck even came. I carried way too many boxes up the stairs in the heat.
- We have had 6 dogs for two weeks now. The eternal vigilance of making sure Mona and Coco do not kill themselves by chewing on some random stick has worn me down. They should be picked up today and once they are gone, I will clean everything. And vacuum. And mop. And it will be clean. Our pantry is a wreck, and we still have random moving-related things everywhere.
- Our temperatures have hovered around 98-103 F and our heat index climbed into 120F. Weeks and weeks of hot and humid. The heat is smothering. Punishing. Heavy. Running out of adjectives.
I am so bloody tired.
Day before yesterday
Kid 2: Mom, when was the last time you had a day off?
So yesterday was my day off. I did nothing. Nobody came over. It was lovely.
Nancy, please don’t read this: The only things we wrote throughout all of this are the two freebies we gave you. It’s been very hectic. We are behind schedule.
We are going to take this week regroup and then dive back into writing. The blog is going back to 2-3 posts a week. We need to figure out if we can come up with some sort of fun summer event or theme, and Mod R and I will brainstorm on that subject later in the week. We will do some Q&A and there may be some free fiction here and there, and we have a surprise or two planned, but overall we will take it nice and slow over the next couple of months.
Writing fiction will be a priority.
An aside: There will not be an innkeeper this summer. We just delivered an Innkeeper novel in December.
So we are here. We are just working.