Gordon was stung by a scorpion last night in our kitchen. His toe started swelling, so I dragged him to ER. The stings of Texas scorpions are not deadly in general, since our guys are not that venomous. You have to go to Arizona to get into serious danger. But he has never been stung before, and I wasn’t sure that if he had an allergic reaction, he would tell me about it. His default response to bleeding and other injuries is, “I’m fine.” Luckily there were three of me, as kids immediately backed me up with “Dad, go to ER with Mom right now!”
I drive him to ER in the dark. We get there and he forgot his wallet, because according to him we were all screaming at him that he was going to die. So I had Kid 1 bring his wallet while I filled out the forms and showed them the pictures of the scorpion’s corpse just in case, and they took his vitals.
Good news: he is not allergic to scorpions.
The ER person asked him if he was stung once or multiple times. Gordon said that he was stung once. The ER person asked if he thought the scorpion could sting more than once and Gordon said, “Probably. It didn’t die like a bee.”
To which, I said, “No, it didn’t die from stinging you. It died from a shoe I hit it with.”
That was apparently funny.
On the way back we got stuck waiting for the train. And waiting. And waiting. And I did that back up the vehicle, turn around and go the other way thing, which I normally do not do, because 15 minutes was enough waiting. All in all, it was a fun night, followed by close examination of the floor for additional scorpions. Another one was found and disposed off.
All is well that ends well. It seems that the test of patience is still ongoing. To give you an example, in February we ordered a new tub for master bathroom because the other one was not only broken but also badly wired. The tub has been unusable since we moved in, so after three years, I finally decided to get a nice one, the kind of tub that makes tiny bubbles and heats your water. It took a very long time to get the tub. It had to be installed, and plumbed in, and tile was placed around it. Long story short, after months of waiting, yesterday I finally got into it. It’s awesome. It has an actual shower head, so you can rinse your hair. I threw a bath bomb into it. I put hair mask on my hair.
One small problem: none of the electric functions work. They forgot to plug it and I can’t reach the cord, because they built tile around it. ::laughs:: We will see what happens today. The upgrade to scorpions was a bit upsetting, so I am hoping for something less venomous, if at all possible.
I am tired and I have the novella to edit, so, I am going to excuse myself from blogging on interesting topics today.
Please talk amongst yourselves. 🙂